Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2012

First post!

So the first post is a little nerve-racking; I'm sure it can only get easier! I love writing and have thought about starting a blog for a long time but kept waiting for inspiration to strike. Here goes then!

As it says in my introduction, I'm a copywriter for a big fashion in retailer in the UK, writing product copy, articles and editorials for menswear and sportswear. And I've found that I've really gotten into men's fashion! It may not be as exciting as womenswear at times, and trends may repeat themselves over and over (another season of nautical?! When isn't it 'on-trend'?) But I think it can be a lot easier to get right than women's style and there are so many inherited conventions that are fascinating - who decided a suit should be made just like that and how has such a complex design survived so well?

My main idea behind starting this blog is to write about and explore menswear trends and my favourite pieces that I find online or in stores during my everyday job and shopping trips. I read a lot of menswear blogs myself and sometimes struggle to find a comprehensive list of trends for the current season and there are no-where near as many men's blogs as women's so thought I should add my own voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment